Multi Level Loop Wool
MAGIC MOMENT TRANCE
Soft Touch Polyester
IDAHO ROCK WALL
BY GODFREY HIRST
100% SOLUTION DYED
OKIWI BAY CHARTERIS
100% Solution Dyed Nylon
Solution Dyed Nylon
BY NORMAN ELLISON
BY GODFREY HIRST
Your Carpet choice should be made after consultation with an experienced sales consultant as there are many aspects you need to consider :
It pays to look at the more well-known brands. The largest carpet manufacture in Australasia is Godfrey Hirst – who also manufacture the Feltex brand. We recommend selecting either of these brands as they offer a wide cross section of qualities at very competitive prices. Their back up is second to none, they stand behind their products, without hesitation.
This will depend on the need you have for the carpet. There are a number of considerations:
1. Is this your long term house for the whole family – if yes, don’t compromise on quality. Look for a carpet with a good yarn system and weight. Suggestions may be Windsor Twist, Golden Bay, Okiwi Bay, Columbia or Wales Twist. There are many more but these are well proven and have a great colour bank.
2. Looking for a comfortable carpet – There a several options of longer fibre carpets that are very comfortable, and very soft under foot. Not the best for a family, however they look great and are very easy to live with. Suggestions would be Adams 2 , Springlake, South seas, Mountain Chalet.
3. We want something for the short term or on a budget. Look no further than Detroit and Awana Bay. This is produced using a very good yarn system and still carries fantastic warranties with a great colour bank.
4. If you want a wool carpet. There are several good wool options – the best of these are the loop pile textured carpets by Godfrey Hirst. Suggestions would be Highland, Twyne and Pebble Grid.
5. I have a shop to be carpeted. Speak to our specialist commercial consultants. There are many options – suggestions would be carpet tiles.
There are many options available :
1. Solution Dyed Nylon – A superb fibre that has all the features that you need when selecting a carpet. Wears better than most fibres, is fade and soil resistant ( even has warranties to back this up) looks great and comes in a wide range of textures and colours.
2. Triexta Natural – Has many features of the SDN and is offered as an option to Nylon at a lesser cost.
3. Solution Dyed Polyester – Is a very soft fibre. Ideal for the buyer looking for a softer carpet for comfort. Is becoming a very popular fibre as is very economical and has a very soft feel for comfort under foot.
4. Wool – Still a very popular fibre in New Zealand and there is plenty of selections available. Probably at its best in textured loop pile carpets.
5. Polypropylene – A very hard wearing fibre but very hard and grainy to the feel. Generally used in commercial carpets.